COOK, CURE & CONJURE II: MODULE 1
COOK: Ayurvedic Magician Flora Domenis will present Ayurvedic-aligned recipes to support and sustain optimal health.
CURE: Master Herbalist Sobande Greer will break down the medicinal and spiritual healing properties of the herbs & plants used within each dish.
CONJURE: Iyanifa Yeye Teish will bring you the folklore, charms and rituals associated with them all…
These Priestesses will facilitate your course through LIVE storytelling, kitchen conversations, ritual-making and cooking demonstrations spread throughout 7 highly-engaging modules, beginning September 30th and concluding December 9th.
The Spiritual Aspects of Food, Herbs & Community
MODULE 1: SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
- Similarities amongst different cosmologies pointing to man’s connection not only to nature and this planet but to the universe as a whole
- The concept of the 6 ayurvedic flavours as a relationship between food, the five elements, the human wholistic biology, the cosmos, our ancestry and divinity
- Living with nature as a guideline
- Giving grace before food: gratitude and alchemy of appreciation
- Using body and intuition as measuring tools
- Nature vs nurture
- Plants of the zodiac
- Osain in the garden
- Practical herbalism & the influence of agriculture
- The language of plants
- The emotional and social experience of food
- Eating around the world: New Orleans, San Francisco, Africa & Australia
- A feast of bread and souls: food and herbs in Orisha tradition